Tuesday, February 27, 2007

knitter's block

i learned to knit specifically to knit socks. it was something i had always wanted to do. every time i come across a sock pattern i ohh and ahh inside and think about the yarns i would use, or the colors i would pick and who the socks would be for. but right now i am stuck at picking up the gusset stitches on the second brown sock. and i have been here for awhile, perhaps a week. every couple of days i give it a try, knit myself into a problem, try to fix said problem and end up ripping it out. i feel i am close, but i am not quite there yet. sometime soon there will be a breakthrough, and i will look back on this and chuckle. but until then, the sock just sits there in it's knitting bag, patiently waiting.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you seen Grumperina's method?
http://www.grumperina.com/knitblog/archives/2005/10/theres_the_easy.htm

That's how I pick up the stitches - it's just how I did it before I learned the right way - it makes more sense to me, is easier and works out just fine. Good luck.

David T. Macknet said...

I'm wondering if TeaAndCakes' idea for putting in "lifelines" would help here, too.