1. If you could visit any state in the US, which would it be and why?
hawaii, so i could lay on the warm beach and then hike in the cool rain forests.
2. If you could visit any country in the world, other than your own, which would it be and why?
france, because i love paris; and i have always wanted to live in france
3. Have you ever driven across several states/providence/countries?
yes; once from saratogoa springs, ny to st. louis, missouri by way of nyc, new jersy, virginia, west virginia, kentucky, illinois, missiouri and a tip of kansas; then once from san francisco to rexburg, idaho via nevada and utah.
4. Have you ever visited someplace you consider exotic? Where was it?
took a cruise with my sister to the caribbean, which was great.
5. What was your favorite "travel" vacation? Why?
europe because it was before we had kids so it was just my husband and i traveling with our backpacks going where ever we wanted to go.
6. Have you ever played tourist in your own home city/state (if international, country)? Explain.
yes; we live in the san francisco bay area so when we get visitors we take them to places they would like to see and then to places we like to share that may not be in the tourist guides.
7. Are you a museum visitor, beach comer or an amusement seeker?
a beach bum/comer first and museum visitor second.
8. What's your favorite type of yarn?
my first choice would be wool because there is such a wide variety of wool available and there are so many ways it can be knit. but i am equally fond of alpaca, silk and cotton.
9. What's your least favorite type of yarn?
i would say acrylic more because i have never really been inspired to knit with it. though i have used various ribbon yarns with great results.
10. What items do you like to knit/crochet?
i am an accessories knitter stuck in the "s's": scarves, shawls, stoles, socks though i am in the midst of knitting a skirt and i have made some hats. i also like lacy knits. i find myself drawn to patterns that have a lace repeat or trim/edging in them.
11. What do you pack, knit/crochet wise when you go on vacation?
depending on the project(s) i have going. socks are always good because they are small. usually i take something simple so i can take it places and not have to worry about missing a stitch count. plus i always reason there may be a yarn store where i am going where i can pick up a little something!
12. What other crafts do you do/would like to do other than Knit/Crochet?
i sew, bake, make jewelry.
13. Are you allergic to anything? (Yarn wise or treat wise)
14. What is your favorite color? Least Favorite?
favorite color is royal blue; least favorite color is difficult because any color in the right tone or shade is workable, but off the top of my head it would be yellow or orange.
15. Sweet or Savory (Treat not personality)?
16. Anything else we are forgetting to ask that you think your partner desperately needs to know?
i have a high energy level so caffeine and i parted ways many years ago, much to the delight of my assistant, though i do love strong tea and coffee, just decaffeinated. and i love chocolate.