Sunday, July 29, 2007

sunday musings

so here are the books i have gathered over the last week or so. with only one of them read cover to cover!

i am spending way to much time reading various v v s blogs and not knitting. i have therefore missed my personal deadlines for finishing the drop knit scarf and oceane. we are going away for a few days and i wanted them both done by then. since they aren't, decided i may as well pack them because, heaven knows, there is so much to knit and so little time.

3 comments:

David T. Macknet said...

Knitting Without Tears is a very good read! Her patterns are awful to follow, though, as she tends to think that she can "talk" you through one, rather than actually giving you clear directions as to what you're supposed to be doing. I'm doing her "baby surprise" sweater now ... and I've had to rip back about 4 inches of finished work (120 sts x maybe 8 rows). Grrr.

:)

Anonymous said...

SAME! I've barely knitted at all... I'm too busy reading KVVS blogs. Too bad we don't have 4 hands... two for the computer and 2 for knitting. It'd be perfect.

Anonymous said...

Same here - I've really enjoyed reading blogs that I probably otherwise wouldn't have, but this scavenger hunt is seriously cutting into my knitting time